Map of Vietnam

Friday, July 30, 2010

Soooo LAZY!!!

Good morning to all of you. It is 1:48 am your time; it is 3:45 pm my time. I have had my butt parked by the (absolutely pristine, cleanest in Vietnam) pool since about 8am, except for the times I decided to walk along the beach for a bit to check out the wind and the waves. I am a shade of reddish brown that I have not been since I was a kid. (OK, there are parts that are bright red and will need some ibuprofin later. Like in 5 minutes. Washed down with another beer.) We are about out of sunscreen. All I have done pretty much all day is read a book (like, literally, from start to finish), eat a bit, drink a few (4 total) beers (OK, decided I was on vacation for the day and started that about 10 am), and, like I said, hang out by the pool. I just walked past several other people who have spent the entire day like-minded, so I made the comment, "A bunch of sunburned white people." We are all blissful.





Anthony and I arrived here between 10:30 and 10:45 last night, after a bus ride that left HCMC at 4:30. Long, but not too shabby. I highly recommend that Phuong Trang bus line! The bus was clean and comfortable (but bring a sweatshirt for the overzealous AC), they stopped twice, once to eat at a clean, reasonably priced restaurant (because there would be nothing open in Phan Tiet/Mui Ne when we all arrived) and they drove like bats out of hell. OK, that was scary, but only because I was in the front seat and could see the oncoming traffic and road conditions.

When we got in, it was pitch dark, but I could hear the sea when we went into our 'bungalo' room, so I wondered how far we were. (The rooms are individual buildings, which is great, as it cuts noise out so much better than a shared wall.) I could just barely hear the roar of the waves all night, too, as long as the AC was off. In the morning, I walked out of my room and almost cried: We are the second door on the right from the SEA! We are also directly across from the pool (this set of rooms lines the walkway to the beach and surround the pool).

I took a walk down the beach, which was filthy, unfortunately. Absolutely everything was washed up on it, including dirty diapers and mounds of twisted clothing and kinds of fabric. However, the fishing and crabbing going on was fascinating. I have pictures for another blog. After seeing their fight against the waves and their catch, I told Anthony was 'pool only' swimming. The jellyfish they had in their nets were two basketballs big! Yikes! Now I know why Blue Coral Dives said that those other ones last week were 'just little ones.' They weren't kidding!

have a great day, and I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment