Map of Vietnam

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Leaving Phu Quoc

Well, we had a great time here on this island. It really was a tropical paradise. Yesterday, there was a hell of a storm during the evening, but it was even fun! Anthony and I wandered up and down the entire coast, alone on the beach because we were the only ones crazy enough to go out in the driving rain. We were soaked when we got back to the hotel, but it was so worth it.

Today, instead of more island exploring, we stayed at the resort. I had a fanTABulous massage for $3. Yup, I typed right. $3. I gave her a dollar tip on top of that, so it cost me $4 for 50 minutes. It was amazing, too. I asked her to do just my back and neck and shoulders, which were all tied in knots, and she worked them ALL out. Oh, yeah, did I mention that it was right there under a set of palm trees on the beach? OK, not so private, so if you are squeamish about having to pull your swimsuit down a bit in public, but facing down on a table, so really no one can see anything and besides, no one is looking, you might be a little uncomfortable, but I'm too old to worry so much about that nonsense, and like I said, no one is paying any attention, and the massage was truly out of this world.

We also walked the beach again, eating our way back to the hotel, which Anthony enjoyed, I think. I even had a couple of gin and tonics --finally!--to celebrate the tropics. Of course, it made me long for my front porch, my husband, and my dog.

I will upload photos of this place when we get back. I didn't take many! I was having too great of a time enjoying paradise!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very enjoyable..
    Have a good time and have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you're not bashful! What a deal for a massage...yesterday I paid $95 for 90 minutes and gave a $20 tip...I like your style!

    ReplyDelete